Lacrosse Hostesses Fundraise for Club Team

Auburn Lacrosse Hostesses organization serves as the spirit for Auburn Lacrosse.

The goal of lacrosse hostesses is to support the men's lacrosse team at its games and as individual players.

"I enjoy watching the games and learning about the sport," said Vice President Leslie Bruton. "I had never even seen a game before joining the organization, and it is a very interesting sport and fun to watch. I also enjoy the trip we take to an away game every year since it's a good time to get to know the other girls."

The lacrosse hostesses host several fundraisers throughout the year to raise money for the team

They also attend all home games and some away games.

"The hostesses sell T-shirts and other merchandise at the games to help fundraise for our team," said Addison Barden, a lacrosse player.

The hostesses also keep the time and score at the games.

Each member of the team is given a hostess as his "little sister."

The "little sisters" bring the players Gatorade and treats to every game as well as make them posters.

The "little sister" is kept a secret to the player until the end of each game, when his personal "little sister" is revealed.

"Throughout the year we have several events with the guys, so the hostesses get to know the players better and after a progressive dinner with the team in the spring each hostess receives a 'big brother,'" said Jenna Rhine, president of lacrosse hostesses.

Lacrosse is an organization that encourages girls to be hostesses since the sport is not widely played in this state, and the players enjoy having a big crowd cheering for them.

"It is also a good organization for girls that played lacrosse in high school and want to be close to the sport, but don't wish to join the Auburn girl's team," Bruton said.

Each year the hostesses try to attend at least one away game.

This coming spring they are going to Athens, Ga., to watch the men's lacrosse team play against UGA.

There are usually members that go to more than one game, but only one is mandatory.

The hotel bills and other expenses are covered in dues.

"Last year all the girls traveled to our away game," Barden said. "To see that many Auburn fans in the stands at an away game is awesome."

Rhine has been an officer in lacrosse hostesses for three years.

She said being in the organization has shaped her life for the better, and being an officer has opened up many opportunities for her.

"My favorite thing about lacrosse hostesses is the friendships that are made, not only with the hostesses, but with the lacrosse players as well," Rhine said. "I have met so many amazing people through this organization and have fostered so many great friendships that will last the rest of my life. I can definitely say my four years in college would not have been the same without the people I have met through being a lacrosse hostess, and I am so thankful."

Share and discuss “Lacrosse Hostesses Fundraise for Club Team” on social media.