YOUR VIEW: Fascist Tells Meaning of Christmas

Editor, the Auburn Plainsman

With all of the crass commercialism associated with the modern holiday season and, given the fact that America was intended to be a Christian nation-state, a member of the United Fascist Union pointed out at the December meeting of our Grand Council, perhaps, we should remind the masses of this message.

Turning to the book of books, The Holy Bible, for inspiration, we found this passage which we deem suitable for the occasion.

"And at that time there were shepherds abiding in the fields keeping watch over their flocks by night and lo, an angel of the Lord appeared unto them and the glory of God shone round about them and they were sore afraid. Then, the angel said: 'Fear not, for I bring you tidings of great joy, for born unto you, this day in the City of David, is a Savior, who is Christ, the Lord."

"And this shall be a sign unto you, you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, laying in a manger. Then suddenly there was with the angel, a chorus of the heavenly host, singing 'praise unto God and good will unto Men'."

So, while the lights on our houses are very pretty and the toys we give our children very kind, there can be no doubt Jesus Christ is the reason for the season.

Perhaps, if we could remember this simple fact, the spirit of Christ would live in our hearts all year round and make America a better place for all of us to live all of the time.

Jackson K. Grimes

director and CEO,

United Fascist Union

Share and discuss “YOUR VIEW: Fascist Tells Meaning of Christmas” on social media.