Auburn Sites Provide a Variety of Information for Tiger Fans

With many websites dedicated to covering Auburn athletics these days, how do fans decide which site is right for them?

Each site offers many of the same stories, recruiting information and an array of message boards, while still having unique characteristics.

Auburn Eagle is one of these sites.

"I don't believe you should have to pay for Auburn news," said founder and co-owner of Auburn Eagle, Scott Reaves.

Members of the site also have the ability to submit articles for display on the front page.

Reaves said he asks fans on the message boards who seem to have knowledge on a topic to submit an article, which the staff at Auburn Eagle will edit and post on the site.

The site is dedicated to having family friendly message boards where only Auburn fans are allowed.

"I am in contact with many of the recruits and their parents, and they really respect the website for [being family friendly]," Reaves said.

Another popular site for sports news is Auburn Undercover. It is an ESPN affiliate site and requires fans to subscribe to receive premium access.

"You can access all the premium stories and recruitment tidbits," said co-owner and Auburn alumnus Ronnie Sanders. "Both of our writers are active in [the message boards], and they answer people's questions."

Sanders said about 60 percent of the site is premium access, and the rest is free.

"I think one of the things that makes us better than the other [sites] is the people we have writing for us," Sanders said.

These writers are Phillip Marshall and Bryan Matthews, both of whom have much experience in covering Auburn athletics, Sanders added.

A new version of the site will be released in August with some unique features.

"It's going to be state-of-the-art with a lot of social media plug-ins that the other sites don't have," Sanders said.

AuburnSports.com is another fan favorite. The site has an array of recruitment information, including lists of athletes who have committed and those still waiting to sign.

With the variety of websites dedicated to Auburn athletic coverage, fans can know what is going on wherever they are.

Share and discuss “Auburn Sites Provide a Variety of Information for Tiger Fans” on social media.