Former Tiger honored

Former Auburn standout Jill Palmer, now known as Jill Adams, will be inducted into the Valley Central High School Hall of Fame in October.

"I'm very honored that they chose me," Adams said. "This is only their second year doing the Hall of Fame, and that I was nominated and selected is just great."

Valley Central High School is located in Montgomery, N.Y., but Adams said the distance didn't matter.

"I am fortunate enough to be able to take two of the girls that I coach with me to New York," Adams said. "We will visit upstate New York, and because it'll be fall, it will be very nice."

Adams, a native of New York, has lived in Auburn for more than 14 years after being recruited by former Tiger coach Bill Wilkins and playing for the Tigers from 1995-98.

Adams still holds the record for goals scored at Auburn, and said playing for the Tiger was the most fun she's had.

"If I could, I would go back and do it all again," Adams said. "I am very fortunate to have the relations that I have from playing this sport."

As a forward, Adams was named to the All-Southeastern Conference Second Team all four years of her career, while being named SEC Player of the Week in 1995 and 1997.

Although her playing days are over, the love of the game is not.

Adams coaches the 94 girls of the Auburn Thunder soccer team and led them to a DII State League Championship in 2007.

Share and discuss “Former Tiger honored” on social media.