Barbee to host benefit tailgate

In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Auburn basketball coach Tony Barbee will host the first Coaches vs. Cancer on Saturday at the Auburn Celebrity Tailgate, prior to the start of the evening's Auburn vs. Florida football game.

"We want to be more involved with the Coaches vs. Cancer organization," Barbee said. "They do such great work every year."

The tailgate will be held in front of the Auburn Arena and will be attended by some of Auburn's most-appreciated legends, including former players and coaches.

Barbee is determined to continue the success that the Coaches vs. Cancer campaign has had across the nation.

Barbee and other featured attendees will be available to greet fans and sign autographs for the duration of the tailgate.

"It's just another avenue for me to have more of an impact from just the suits and sneakers weekend and bringing that Coaches vs. Cancer tailgate to campus and making that again, another annual part of this program," Barbee said. "What we do helps out with the visibility obviously in the community, but at the same time we're bringing light to a cause that's worth fighting for and hopefully one day, sooner rather than later, finding a cure for."

Those who choose to attend will also get to enjoy a tailgate-style meal.

Tickets are $100 each and are tax-deductible. Proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society and will fund life-saving services, research for cures and community awareness.

For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.aucoachesvscancer.org.

Share and discuss “Barbee to host benefit tailgate” on social media.