Women's Leadership Conference returns for sixth year

The Auburn University Women's Resource Center will host its sixth annual Women's Leadership Conference Friday at The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center.

Check-in will begin at 8:30 a.m., and the conference will conclude at 3 p.m. This year's theme is "Leading a Balanced Life," and the event will consist of speakers in the morning, three workshops and a speaker during the luncheon.

"The goal of the conference is to help attendees live a better balanced life with the different aspects of their busy schedules," said Kristy Malone, diversity initiative coordinator for the WRC. "The conference will allow them to connect with others and rejuvenate themselves."

The morning keynote speakers will be Auburn alums Amber Paulk and her husband Ryan Zayac. The title of their talk is "Life on a High Wire: Balancing Work and Home."

Following their presentation will be two sessions of workshops.

"Attendees will have the option of choosing from four workshops in each session," said Mary Isbell, diversity and advocacy intern. "Some examples of the workshops will be financial independence, time management, stress reduction and balancing relationships."

The luncheon will begin at 12:15 p.m. with Alexis Jones presenting her speech titled "Dreams to Reality: Finding your Passion." One more workshop will follow the luncheon to conclude the conference.

The WLC is intended for women of all ages and backgrounds.

"We will be expecting students, faculty as well as people from all over the area," Isbell said. "People from Troy University and high school students from Autauga County will be in attendance. We will also have a workshop for the younger crowd called 'Young Women Get Real.'"

Malone said men are also invited; several have registered and are expected to attend.

Attendance at the WLC is a University-excused absence. Registration for the conference is closed, but those who would still like to attend without having registered can contact Malone at 334-844-4289 and will be handled on an individual basis if room is available.

"This is a great event that we worked really hard on, and we are confident that our attendees will have a meaningful experience," Malone said.

Share and discuss “Women's Leadership Conference returns for sixth year” on social media.