Manziel shreds defense, Aggies lead 42-7 at half

Johnny Football stormed into Jordan-Hare Stadium and did something no Auburn quarterback has done this season. After 30 minutes of play, Manziel has personally accounted for four of the Aggies six touchdowns as the Tigers trail 42-7 going into the locker room.

Texas A&M has been unstoppable since kick-off, picking up touchdowns on six of its seven drives.

Manziel continued his offensive dominance, making the first half his own personal highlight reel, completing 13-of-17 for 188 yards with two touchdowns. He also led the team in rushing yards, running for 70 yards on eight rushes with two touchdowns.

Auburn's only saving grace was true-freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace.

After starter Clint Moseley left the game after suffering an injury in the first drive, the offensive reigns were left to sophomore Kiehl Frazier and Wallace. Frazier, who struggled early on in the season, threw 4-of-9 for 63 yards, but four sacks prompted offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler to make a change.

On first-and-10 from the Texas A&M 22-yard line, Wallace entered the huddle with his team trailing 28-0 midway through the second quarter. After 2-yard, 10-yard and 9-yard rushes, the Tigers found themselves first and goal on the A&M 1-yard line. A 1-yard rush over left guard by sophomore running back Tre Mason put Auburn on the scoreboard, erasing the Aggies hopes for a shutout.

Texas A&M's only hiccup was a last-second 48-yard field goal attempt by Taylor Bertolet that sailed wide left to end the second quarter.

Auburn finished the half with 91 yards of total offense to Texas A&M's 464. The Aggies also held the edge in first downs, picking up 22 while holding Auburn to just five.

Share and discuss “Manziel shreds defense, Aggies lead 42-7 at half” on social media.