UPC and SGA become partners in new event

SGA and UPC will collaborate for Auburn's first Bodda Getta Bash.

The event will be held on Oct. 5 starting at 6 p.m. in Graves Amphitheatre.

"It is a joint pep rally and concert event," said Collier Tynes, SGA chief of staff. "Basically there's going to be the cheerleaders, Aubie and a couple guest speakers."

The speakers will be coaches Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper.

During the rally there will be a chance to win a Verizon wireless cellphone.

Afterward, Trot Line will perform a concert.

This will be the only pep rally and UPC concert during the football season.

"In the past years we've done a couple of pep rallies during the fall and this year we really wanted to focus on one larger pep rally that we could really celebrate the Auburn family," said Sarah Beth Worsham, SGA executive vice president of programs. "The vision behind it is to have one big celebration that everyone could come to, instead of just multiple pep rallies during the season."

Worsham said the collaboration between groups was helpful in planning the event.

"They're really great at what they do with fall concerts and big events," Worsham said. "Being able to work with them has allowed SGA to supply a concert, which is something we wouldn't have been able to do with a normal pep rally."

Worsham said she expects 3,000 people to attend.

"That's really the ballpark number that we are shooting for," Worsham said. "It is open to students and the community as well. We're hoping that with a lot of people coming in for the game this weekend, we'll have a lot of people attend and it be a large event."

Worsham hopes to expand Bodda Getta Bash and continue it into upcoming years.

"We hope that this is something that becomes an Auburn tradition and something that in ten years we're all excited to come back to and be a part of," Worsham said.

Share and discuss “UPC and SGA become partners in new event” on social media.