Women's basketball falls to Alabama, ends three-game winning streak over the Crimson Tide

The women's basketball team traveled to Tuscaloosa to face rival Alabama on Thursday, Jan. 24, but lost 61-51. This extended Auburn's three-game losing streak, pushing the team to a 13-7 (2-5) record.
Auburn started the game off strong by gaining an early lead and maintaining it for most of the first half. But Alabama stepped up on defense and regained the lead with a little more than four minutes to go in the half.
The Crimson Tide then took over the momentum of the game and took a 30-20 lead going into halftime.
Auburn came out looking strong in the second half, cutting the Crimson Tide's lead to just one point with 12:50 to go in the game. But Alabama's strong three-point shooting, led by Shafontaye Myers, who made seven of Alabama's nine 3-point shots, would prove to be too much for the Tigers as the Crimson Tide cruised to the 10-point victory.
Three-point shots proved to be the big difference in the game as Auburn went 0-10 on 3-point shots, while Alabama went 9-27.
This ended Auburn's three-game winning streak over Alabama.
Auburn will try to end its losing streak next Thursday, Jan. 31, as the Tigers will host the LSU Tigers at the Auburn Arena.

Share and discuss “Women's basketball falls to Alabama, ends three-game winning streak over the Crimson Tide” on social media.