ROTC holds demonstration on concourse for POW/MIA Recognition Day Oct. 21

Daniel Carlin, junior in civil engineering, depicted as a POW on the concourse Monday, Oct. 21, in tribute to National POW/MIA Recognition Day. (Becky Hardy | Campus Editor)

Reserve Officers Training Corps, ROTC, remember prisoners of war, POWs, and soldiers missing-in-action Monday, Oct. 21.
A member of ROTC is locked in a wooden cage on the concourse representing POWs in American history.
There is a list of all the Auburn graduates who are POWs and missing-in-action.
Three ROTC members are also pacing in front of the memorial for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Yellow ribbons are being given out to show support for POWs and the soldiers missing-in-action.
Members of ROTC also run a flag down the concourse. All three branches of ROTC come together to remember those who serve.
Robert Mort, senior in civil engineering, is a part of the remembrance and third generation air force.
"I've grown up with this stuff," Mort said. "I love doing it to keep people aware that we still have people missing in action."

Share and discuss “ROTC holds demonstration on concourse for POW/MIA Recognition Day Oct. 21” on social media.