KT Harrell named SEC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

KT Harrell breaks through a line of Paine College defenders to sink a 2-point shot in the basketball game on November 1, 2013. (Jenna Burgess / ASSOCIATE PHOTO EDITOR)

Since junior small forward KT Harrell transferred from the University of Virginia, Auburn fans have been looking for a breakthrough performance on the court from him.
On Sunday fans got what they wanted against Boston College and the Southeastern Conference took notice of his performance on Monday.
Harrell's career-high 29 points against the Eagles helped earn him SEC Men's Basketball Player of the Week honors.
Harrell averaged 21.5 points per game on 57.7 percent shooting from the field and 53.8 percent shooting from beyond the arc in leading the Tigers to wins against two ACC teams, Clemson and Boston College, last week.
Against Boston College he went 10-for-17 shooting, which included a career-high six 3-pointers, which tied for the most-ever 3-pointers made by an Auburn player under the direction of Coach Tony Barbee.
"KT was big," said head coach Tony Barbee after the Boston College game. "I've been waiting for a breakout. He's played well all year. Self-confidence is an issue sometimes with KT. I've been on him to keep fighting, keep pushing, keep being aggressive. (Against Boston College) he was that."
In the first half alone Harrell scored 16 points in 16 minutes of action, hitting 6-of-7 from the field and 4-for-5 from 3-point range.
"I was just aggressive," Harrell said after the Boston College game. "I hit like three in a row and I was just trying to be aggressive in the beginning."
He has now scored in double-figures in each of Auburn's first nine games.
Auburn will now take a break for the Christmas holidays, returning to the court on Dec. 30 against Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Auburn Arena.

Share and discuss “KT Harrell named SEC Men's Basketball Player of the Week” on social media.