Local trailer destroyed in fire, family thankful for community's efforts

Anginette Tinsley stands on the front porch of her daughter's home, where she's staying for the time being.

The home of a Tiger Trailer Park resident caught fire Jan. 10, destroying the trailer.

Anginette Tinsley's home caught fire on Jan. 10 at the Tiger Trailer Park in Auburn, destroying everything she and her family owned.

It began when Tinsley's daughter, Wrenisha Hann, 18, was at the stove making dinner for the family. The grease caught fire and started a chain reaction that led to an uncontrollable blaze which destroyed the family's home.

"I kept smelling something, and I asked my son, 'what are you doing Chris?'" Tinsley said.

Her son Christopher Tinsley, 28, said he was ironing. Tinsley then returned to what she was doing and thought nothing more of it.

The smell persisted and by the time any of the family members realized what was happening it was too late.

In a mutual effort from different departments within the Auburn Fire Division, the fire was put out. However, the wreckage was far too great.

"Nothing was able to be salvaged; total loss," Tinsley said. "Everything was gone."

With her property turned to ash, Tinsley and her family hope that help from the community will allow them to rebuild their lives.

"I chose to live in Auburn because of the community values that are here and the people that have shown up to help [Tinsley]," said Kizzy Hamilton, a friend of Tinsley's. "It just really made me know that this is a wonderful place to stay whether you're doing good or bad because people really do reach out and help one another. That's what it is all about; helping one another."

Many items would be beneficial for the Tinsley family in their time of need. Some of the items specifically needed include food, personal care items and home furnishings so that when the Tinsley family finds a new home they can easily refurbish it and make it their own.

The city of Auburn is also helping the Tinsley family. They have told them the city would pay for rent, but that they cannot make a down payment on a home.

"We need help in all kinds of ways," says Tinsley.

Tinsley has played a role in helping others in her community for many years and has been a Samaritan to many in rough times.

"At some of my worst times, during rough times with my children and what not, she has been there for me and been a rock in my life," Hamilton said. "She would give me the shirt off of her back if I needed it. Before she even knew me, she would help me. If she saw I was having a bad day she would say something or do something to pick me up. She has always been an uplifting person to me and my heart just went out to her in her time of need."

"I know that if it was someone else, she would be just as adamant and vigorous to help them as we are trying to now," Hamilton said.

If anyone is able to help the Tinsley family, they can be reached at 334-707-0201. Any items that would assist are more than welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Share and discuss “Local trailer destroyed in fire, family thankful for community's efforts” on social media.