Mugshots Bar and Grill joining Auburn in fall

Mugshots offers gormet burgers, fries and a good time. (Contributed by Will Taylor)

In the fall, Auburn will be home to a new Mugshots Grill and Bar in the Opelika Road region.
The Auburn location will be the first of four in a store agreement with Alabama Mugshots Development LLC. The restaurant will open at the previous location of the Chili's Restaurant on Opelika Road.
"In our citizen survey and as part of our Renew Opelika Road planning initiative, residents have identified Opelika Road as an area they want us to focus on to help guide redevelopment and improve the aesthetic of the area," Director of Public Affairs, David Dorton, said.
The first Mugshots opened in January 2004 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, and the franchise now has 11 locations in three states.
Mugshot's concept is family-friendly fun, grilled gourmet burgers and cold beer.
The franchise began with college friends Ron Savell and Chris McDonald. The two "true southern gentlemen" worked as bartenders and dreamed of opening up their own restaurant someday.
After moving to Hawaii, they planned their dream while sitting on a beach. They wanted to offer people "great food, good drinks, and a fun atmosphere at a fair price."
This year, the franchise is expected to continue growing.
"It's an exciting time for the Mugshots brand and family," Mugshots Grill and Bar founder, Chris McDonald, said. "We've had a number of requests over the past few years about extending the brand further into North Alabama and we're just blessed to be in a position to now fulfill those requests."
According to Dorton, the upcoming Mugshots taking over the previous Chili's building will keep the location from sitting vacant for long, improving the quality and profile of the Opelika Road Corridor.
"We're proud that we've been able to work with the developer to bring a new restaurant to Auburn," Auburn Mayor Bill Ham Jr. said. "Residents told us they want to help revitalize Opelika Road and we're excited to see this key location occupied so quickly."

Share and discuss “Mugshots Bar and Grill joining Auburn in fall” on social media.