Jessie Garrison crowned Miss Auburn University 2015

Jessie Garrison crowned Miss Auburn University 2015. (Emily Enfinger l Photo Editor)

The Audience cheered and rose to their feet as Jessie Garrison was crowned Miss Auburn University 2015 at Auburn High School's Preforming Arts Center Saturday, Jan. 28.
Garrison also won the swimsuit and lifestyle competition and said she is excited and honored to be able to represent the university she loves.
"I feel shocked," Garrison said. "I had to take it in. I didn't think it was my number. I thought it was someone else. I really had to soak it in, but I've never been more proud."
Also placing in the pageant was first runner up Jill Vinzant, second runner up Madelyn Gathings, third runner up Caroline Elliot, first runner up Kendyl Jones and talent winner Erica Williams.
For her platform, Garrison chose Dancing for Heart and Soul.
"I've been dancing since I was 3," Garrison said. "It's my passion. I will be helping underprivileged children and giving them the opportunity to preform on a stage like I did tonight."
Garrison celebrated her victory alongside Miss Auburn University 2014, Meg McGuffin, who passed on her crown.
"I'm so excited for Jessie," McGuffin said. "I had an eye on her the whole week. She just has this glow about her, and I think she is going to do really special things on this campus."
McGuffin said she is sad that her year as Miss Auburn University is over, but excited to see Garrison fill her shoes.
"It was really bittersweet," McGuffin said. "I understand that all good things come to an end, but I wasn't quite ready yet.
The emcee keeping the crowd entertained for the evening was Sarah Stone Armstrong, Miss Auburn University 2000. During her time at Auburn, Armstrong was involved in Camp War Eagle, War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen and was a Top 5 contestant for Miss Auburn.
The Miss Auburn University Pageant is sponsored by the SGA and featured performances from Miss AU 2014, AU Rhythm and AU Capella.
Katie Willoughby, student director of Miss Auburn University, said she thought the pageant ran smoothly.
"I thought it went fantastically," Willoughby said. "I still can't believe that we are here already, and we get to start this experience. We are so excited."
Willoughby said she is happy to have been able to be a part of the pageant.
"Not only was I able to work behind the scenes and do the planning, but I was able to get to know these 19 amazing women," Willoughby said.\0x200B

Jessie Garrison was crowned Miss Auburn University 2015 tonight. (Photo: Emily Enfinger | Photo Editor) #MissAU2015

A photo posted by The Auburn Plainsman (@theauburnplainsman) on

Share and discuss “Jessie Garrison crowned Miss Auburn University 2015” on social media.