Auburn Alumni Association honor Lifetime Achievement Award recipients

The Auburn Alumni Association recognized four recipients of the Lifetime Achievement Awards at an invitation only banquet Saturday, March 14, at The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center.

The recipients are: Samuel L. Ginn, Melissa Brown Herkt, David E. Housel and W. Michael Warren.

The Young Alumni Achievement award, which is awarded for extraordinary accomplishments of a member of the Auburn Family who is under 40 years of age, will be awarded to Benjamin Chappell.

According to Jessica King, Office of Alumni Affairs director, this is the first year the Young Alumni Achievement Award has been incorporated into the Lifetime Achievement Awards.

“It was felt that the two awards were harmonious this year as Young Alumni Achievement award recipient Benjamin Chappell has accomplished so much in such a short time,” King said.

King said the awards ceremony celebrated the work of Auburn’s alumni as a showcase of not only how much the recipients have accomplished, but also how much they have given back to the University.

“Any time we can celebrate these accomplishments it highlights the legacy of the Auburn Family,” King said.

Share and discuss “Auburn Alumni Association honor Lifetime Achievement Award recipients” on social media.