Students rate 319 Bragg and 160 Ross

- This layout will be Q and A format

As Auburn University gains more students, new housing developments have been built with more to come. 

160 Ross and 319 Bragg are the two most recent apartment complexes that have been built for student living. 

Dorian Ashford, senior in media studies, and Sara Martin, sophomore in English language arts education, gave their reviews of each development.

Dorian:

319 Bragg 

Rent: $770 per month, including utilities and $20 garage parking fee

Amenities: pool, tanning salon, fitness center, Internet, volleyball, study rooms

4-star rating out of 5

Q: How long have you lived in 319 Bragg?

A: This is my second year living here. 

Q: How many people do you live with?

A: I live with one other roommate 

Q: Where have you lived other years in college, and how does 319 Bragg compare to those places?

A: My freshman year I lived in the dorms, and then I moved to The Grove my sophomore year. And then moved here for the two years after that, and I like Bragg a lot. It’s probably a little bit more expensive than The Grove was, but it has, I guess, better amenities than The Grove, so I guess you get what you pay for.  And you can also choose to get a parking spot under the little parking deck, and my car’s electric so it’s like I have a charging station for my car, so it’s like really easy that way too. 

Q: What are the things you like about it and also what are the things you don’t like about it?

A: Well, my friends live here, so I like that. Everyone here’s really nice, and also the management is really nice. If you need anything, they’re always there to help you. And I like how big the apartments are. You have a lot of space. And then I guess what I don’t like is the price. 

Q: Do you think Auburn needs more apartments? Do you think 319 Bragg and 160 Ross were needed?

A: I mean, I think so. All these people talking about not being able to find an apartment because they get full so fast. So I guess so. Auburn, like the population is growing with students, so I think it’s fine. 

Q: What do you think about the location?

A: I mean it definitely could be closer, that would be nice ... I walk to campus and it doesn’t take that long to get there, so I think it is a good location. Plus if you’re going out, you can walk downtown. 

Sara:

160 Ross 

Rent:  $650 per month, including utilities

Amenities: pool, hot tub, media center, Internet, racquetball courts

3.5-star rating out of 5

Q: How many people do you live with?

A: I live with three other girls. 

Q: Out of all the other apartments, why did you choose Ross?

A: We looked a lot, and it was a good price and it was already furnished and utilities were already included. 

Q: What are the things that you like or don’t like about it?

A: I like it because it’s a lot of community things. Like they have a lot of activities for all the residents to do, which is kind of fun. Sometimes they’ll have free pizza, or one time they had ice cream in the lobby. But something I don’t like about it is since it’s brand new, things are still breaking ... and we have had a lot of problems with some of our appliances. 

Q: Do you think Auburn needs more apartments?

A: I do think things are filling up fast and more people are wanting to live off campus. Yeah, I do think we needed [160 Ross]. I don’t think we necessarily need more. 

Q: Is it enough room to accommodate three other people?

A: Oh, definitely. I mean it’s pretty big and the kitchen, I mean, we’ve all been in the kitchen and cooking before and we can get around. I mean, it’s kind of a squeeze for all four of us, but it’s a pretty big apartment. 

Q: Would you recommend 160 Ross to someone else?

A: I would. I think they’ve definitely done a good job with it being so new.

Share and discuss “Students rate 319 Bragg and 160 Ross ” on social media.