Emily Esleck | Managing Editor

Articles

Stay fit to avoid the freshman 15

Chick-fil-A, Momma Goldberg's, Zaxby's, Domino's and McDonalds. Auburn has a multitude of fast food restaurants just waiting at student's fingertips.

Abandoned mill burned in fire gives meaning to physical location

Broken bricks lie scattered on the ground, remnants of silver metal air vents screech, sending a chill down the spine and shards of glass fill the once-used path leading to a place that is now burned rubble and memories. An abandoned place, where standing in the midst of it all, one can almost feel the loss and emotion.

COLUMN: Law or not? For me, it's life or not

The University senate voted Tuesday, March 22, to oppose Alabama House Bill 12, a bill allowing gun owners with concealed carry permits to bring their firearms to campus.  You could definitely say this has been a hot topic this year since Texas came out with a new law allowing students 21 years or older to carry a firearm fully concealed if they have the appropriate permit to do so.  I didn't grow up in a gun-heavy household.

Breaking down how your campus dollars are spent

It's almost halfway through the semester, and for some, those dining dollars are dwindling. Eating on campus can be convenient and a good way to network with other students, according to Bill Sallustro, resident district manager for Chartwells, the contracted company Auburn University chose to help run Tiger Dining.  Everything cost money these days, and some students feel their meal plan monopoly money gets squandered away within the first months of the semester.

How to eat clean for cheap in college

Displayed in magazine racks in grocery stores, plastered on billboards down the highway and invading our Google searches on the Internet, there are tons of articles and propaganda getting us to think about our body image.

Media