Women's basketball advances to the SEC Tournament quarterfinals after a 47-45 win over Missouri

Auburn women's basketball advanced to the SEC Tournament quarterfinals Thursday, March 3, after a 47-45 win over Missouri in Jacksonville, Florida.

Sophomore Jazmine Jones led Auburn with 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting and a game-high three steals. Khady Dieng and Brandy Montgomery also had three steals as the Tigers finished with 14 steals for the game.

For the first time this season, Auburn's "Big Three" — Montgomery, Katie Frerking and Tra'Cee Tanner — were all held to single-digit scoring. Montgomery and Frerking both had 9 points, and Tanner scored 6.

Morgan Stock scored a game-high 17 points for Missouri and hit five 3-pointers. Lindsey Cunningham added 11 points, and Sophie Cunningham finished with 5 points and five rebounds.

Although Missouri hit nine 3-pointers in the loss, the Tigers only made six other field goals and got to the free-throw line only seven times. Auburn forced Missouri into 20 turnovers, and committed only 10 turnovers themselves.

Auburn is 4-0 this season while turning over the ball 10 times or fewer.

The ninth-seeded Tigers advance to face No. 2 South Carolina at 11 a.m. Friday, March 5. With Thursday's win over Missouri, Auburn has won at least one game in the SEC Tournament for the third-straight season.

Share and discuss “Women's basketball advances to the SEC Tournament quarterfinals after a 47-45 win over Missouri” on social media.