Nation's No.1 JUCO receiver commits to Auburn

Head coach Gus Malzahn celebrates during the Tigers' victory over Arkansas. (Contributed by Auburn Athletics)

Auburn landed another commit to the 2017 class on Friday when Brandon Martin announced his commitment to the Tigers via Twitter. The No.1 JUCO wide receiver in the nation, Martin will join Auburn from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in the 2017 season.

“It has been a long journey I am very thankful for all the colleges that recruited me and that has been with me through this process,” he wrote.

Martin, an Under-Armour All-American, signed with LSU before the 2015 football season, but did not qualify academically and enrolled at MGCCC in Perkinson, Mississippi. The four-star recruit was also considering Arizona State, Mississippi State and Florida.

The 6-foot-4, 205 pound receiver expects to be on the field in August, after recovering from surgery that repaired a torn labrum in his left shoulder this summer. Martin is expected to transfer to Auburn in January 2017, after completing his season in Mississippi.

Martin is the lone receiver committed to the Tigers 2017 class, which now stands at 11.

Share and discuss “Nation's No.1 JUCO receiver commits to Auburn” on social media.