Fall festival and costume extravaganza hosted in Opelika

While the rest of Auburn attended the Auburn-Arkansas game, the Red Clay Brewery attracted a crowd of its own at its first ever Fall Festival and Costume Extravaganza on Saturday, Oct. 22.

The price of admission was canned goods that would be donated to the Food Bank of East Alabama.

“We always like to do something charitable at all of our events,” said Red Clay Brewery co-owner John Corbin. “It’s good to give back to the community.”

The Brewery also sold wines and beers to the adults in attending while children played at the various games the fall festival offered from 2–6 p.m.

Children played video games, took pictures in a photo booth, bobbed for apples, played darts (the kid-friendly version with balloons as targets) and participated in the cake walk. Candy was given as prizes and held in bags decorated by the kids in attendance.

For those who were older there was pumpkin carving and a blue ribbon pie contest, the winners of which were given t-shirts, cozies and coasters.

Later in the night was the costume contest portion of the event, where adults competed for the chance to be in the “Mug Club,” a membership program at the brewery that comes with the winner’s own personalized mug.

“We just wanted people to come and enjoy themselves and drink beer," Corbin said.

He hopes to have another event next year as well.

Share and discuss “Fall festival and costume extravaganza hosted in Opelika” on social media.