Cooking with Anne: rustic gluten-free pizza that'll kill the craving

As I have discussed in my previous columns, when I found out I was allergic to gluten I tried to make as many of my favorites foods gluten-free as possible.

One of the foods that I just couldn't live without was pizza.

Everybody loves pizza, but not everyone loves grease and the queasy feeling that follows downing a large pie alone.

No worries, I got you. I've found (and perfected) the best gluten-free pizza I have ever tasted. The crust is made with almond flour, so not only does it not contain grains, but it is lower in calories and higher in healthy fats.

You can top this pizza with whatever your heart desires. I personally love to chop up green peppers, onions and spinach to make a nice veggie pizza. This recipe excludes toppings, so go crazy and get creative. 

Ingredients: 

2 cups almond flour

2 tbsp. olive or coconut oil

2 eggs

1/4 cup marinara sauce

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1/4 goat cheese

Dash of sea salt

Dash of onion powder 

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Mix all ingredients together in bowl until combined
  3. Roll dough into a ball and flatten on an oiled pizza pan. Use fingers to press around the edges, forming a crust.
  4. Bake crust for 7 minutes. Pull the pizza out and add desired toppings. Bake for 7-10 minutes until crust is cooked through and cheese is melted. 

I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do. If you eat or follow the paleo diet, this will count as compliant. 

Share and discuss “Cooking with Anne: rustic gluten-free pizza that'll kill the craving ” on social media.