Prewett promoted to Director of Operations

<p>While opposing teams may fear a matchup inside Auburn Arena, fans certainly don’t. (Kenny Moss l Assistant Photo Editor)</p>

While opposing teams may fear a matchup inside Auburn Arena, fans certainly don’t. (Kenny Moss l Assistant Photo Editor)

Auburn assistant Chad Prewett has been promoted to Auburn Basketball Director of Operations, head coach Bruce Pearl announced Thursday.

Prewett has been a special assistant to Pearl the past three seasons. Before his time under Pearl, Prewett was a part of a seven-year run at Lee-Scott Academy where he lead the boy's and girl's basketball teams to titles. He handled all of Pearl’s coordinated external relations and events, was the team liaison with various departments on campus and was very involved with Pearl’s AUTLIVE initiative to benefit cancer patients in the fight to beat cancer.

“I am extremely thankful for Coach Pearl hiring me to be a part of his staff three years ago, and I appreciate the opportunity he has rewarded me to continue working with him in an increased role,” said Prewett. “Auburn has meant so much to my family and I throughout my lifetime, and there’s nothing better than being an Auburn Tiger.

“We have created a tight bond working together on and off the court. His trust in me means everything, and I embrace the chance to continue building this program. We have some outstanding student-athletes in our program, and I look forward to helping their growth as well.”

Over the past three seasons, Prewett has directed the Bruce Pearl Fore the Children Golf Classic and Bruce, Barkley and Basketball Golf Classic and all of the Bruce Pearl Basketball Camps.

“When I came to Auburn three years ago, I was very interested in hiring an Alabama high school coach in some capacity,” said Pearl. “Taking care of business at home is the key to building a great program. Little did I know then that I was getting a great coach, teacher, father and friend. Chad will do a great job coordinating our basketball operation.”

Share and discuss “Prewett promoted to Director of Operations” on social media.