Huff Smith Law matches school supply donations

Huff Smith Law in Auburn, Alabama, has promised to match every school supply donation it receives until July 20.

Through United Way's Stuff the Bus School Supply Drive this summer, school supplies will be distributed to children in the Auburn, Opelika and Lee County school systems who are unable to purchase school supplies themselves.

This will be Huff Smith Law's second year being involved in the supply drive and offering to match donations made.

"When we found out about United Way we wanted to be involved because it's such a righteous cause... We had a great turnout last year and anytime people make donations it's inspiring," said Brett Smith, partner at Huff Smith Law.

United Way has an official list of recommended donations, including three-ring binders, backpacks, composition notebooks, highlights, index cards, crayons and colored pencils. 

"It's hard to turn down the opportunity to have a double donation to go towards United Way," Smith said. "We've got a crate-full now of crayons and paper and it's pouring over. We have more people calling about setting up drop-offs and it's just a wonderful opportunity."

Any donations can be left at Huff Smith Law's office at 369 S. College Street in Auburn during their office hours on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

To schedule a drop-off after Huff Smith Law's business hours, Smith can be contact at 334-329-5596 or by email at brett@huffsmithlaw.com.

"I hope someone sees us matching donations and another organization or business will take that and say, 'We'll do the same thing,'" Smith said. "Then it's a win-win for everybody."

To learn more about United Way of Lee County's multiple charities and way to get involved, go to unitedwayofleecounty.com

Correction: "July 6" changed to "July 20."

Share and discuss “Huff Smith Law matches school supply donations” on social media.