Previously postponed Make Music Day Alabama to take place tomorrow

Musicians, amateur and otherwise, will come together tomorrow to perform Sister Hazel's 1997 hit "All for You." Sister Hazel members Ken Block and Drew Copeland will be there to sing along.

Spicer's Music will be hosting the second annual Make Music Day Alabama in Auburn tomorrow, Tuesday, Aug. 22, at 6 p.m. at the Gay Street Municipal Parking Lot downtown.

All cars parked in the lot should be removed by 6 a.m. on Tuesday to allow for preparation for the event. Vehicles in the lot after that time will be subject to towing, according to the City of Auburn. The stretch of Gay Street between Tichenor and Magnolia avenues will be closed for the event between 2 p.m. and approximately 8 p.m.

The event was originally going to take place on June 20 but was cancelled due to severe weather.

The inaugural event last year had 850 musicians performing Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama." Spicer’s Music has estimated 1,350 people will be there for this year’s event, but they hope 1,500 will show up.

International Make Music Day took place June 21, when people in over 750 cities in 120 countries across the globe gathered in a similar fashion to perform different songs.

All members of the community, regardless of their age or skill level, are encouraged to attend. Registration is free and can be completed on Spicer's Music's website here.

Share and discuss “Previously postponed Make Music Day Alabama to take place tomorrow” on social media.