Which Wich sandwich franchise to open in Tiger Town this October

Which Wich, a specialty sandwich chain that aims to offer improved versions of classic lunchtime favorites, will be opening a location in Tiger Town in late October.

Inspired by the traditional bagged lunch, Which Wich lets you customize your own sandwich or choose from a set menu of “faves,” the company’s staple recipes. Their menu is diverse, with options ranging from a black bean patty sandwich to a classic peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich.

Brother and sister Jeff Glasscock and Robin Rudder, the business’s franchisees, discovered the chain through a friend from Nashville, Tennessee, and thought it would be a great addition to the Auburn-Opelika area.

“We really love the concept of this franchise,” Rudder said. “I’ve always been a sandwich person, so it was really cool for me to get to customize a sandwich exactly how I wanted it, and the bagged meals are perfect for a college town.”

Glasscock and Rudder grew up in Auburn and attended Auburn University. From an early age, they were drawn to the food business.

“Our dad was really in to cooking so food was always a big part of our family,” Glasscock said.

After venturing on their own career paths since college, the two had been discussing going into business together.

“When Robin found out about this business, it was something that we both agreed was a really incredible opportunity,” Glasscock said.

The duo is aiming to open the restaurant around Oct. 23, and it will be located in the building that used to house Einstein Bros. Bagels. It will be one of the few Which Wich locations with a drive thru window.

Glasscock and Rudder hope to open another franchise location near the University’s campus in the future.

Which Wich is now hiring employees for the Opelika location. Interested applicants should visit the company's website to apply.

Gabby Dance | Assistant Campus Editor

Gabby Dance, senior in journalism with a minor in women's studies, is the assistant campus editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Which Wich sandwich franchise to open in Tiger Town this October” on social media.