Kickoff time, TV announced for Auburn's Week 10 visit to Texas A&M

Since Texas A&M’s induction into the Southeastern Conference in 2012, the rivalry between the Aggies and Tigers has held a peculiar wrinkle – the home team has never won.

The No. 19 Auburn Tigers hope to keep that streak alive, as Gus Malzahn’s team will take on Kevin Sumlin and company in College Station, Texas in Week 10. Kick-off time is set for 11 a.m. CT, broadcast on ESPN.

In Auburn’s last visit to Kyle Field, the Tigers upset the No. 19 Aggies in a surprising performance for Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson in a season full of QB turmoil. The win is the last time Auburn beat a ranked opponent on the road.

Last season in Jordan-Hare, the annual early-season slugfest that was the Auburn offense plagued the Tigers in a 29-16 loss.

Auburn’s defense kept them in the game for the majority of the contest, as was the case for most of 2016, until Texas A&M freshman tailback Trayveon Williams broke through for an 89-yard touchdown run to put the Aggies up 29-10 in the final quarter of play.

Auburn was crushed by Johnny Manziel in the first SEC tilt between the teams in 2012, 63-21. The Tigers exacted revenge in 2013, taking the decision in College Station, 45-41 in an instant classic.

The 2014 matchup featured an unranked Aggies’ monumental upset over No. 3 Auburn. The victory is often overshadowed by controversy, as one of Auburn’s pair of fourth quarter fumbles by Cameron Artis-Payne quickly became a subject of intense argument as to whether the runningback was down before losing the pigskin.

Texas A&M leads the SEC series 3-2 and the all-time series, 5-2. The Aggies are 5-2 (3-1 SEC) on the season and will face the Mississippi State Bulldogs in Week 9 before welcoming the Tigers to Kyle Field. Auburn (6-2, 4-1 SEC) will enjoy a bye week after throttling Arkansas, 52-20 in Week 8.

Share and discuss “Kickoff time, TV announced for Auburn's Week 10 visit to Texas A&M” on social media.