Receiver Kyle Davis dismissed from Auburn program

Auburn receiver Kyle Davis has played his final snap at Auburn.

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn announced Tuesday that Davis has been dismissed from the program.

"I just want to let everybody know that Kyle Davis has been dismissed from our team for breaking team rules," Malzahn said. "We wish him nothing but the best moving forward."

Davis missed Auburn’s entire 2017 spring practice for “personal reasons” before missing the Tigers’ season opener vs. Georgia Southern this season due to suspension. His final suspension came Saturday as the sophomore did not play in Auburn's 27-23 loss at LSU.

Davis is the third player to be either dismissed or transfer from the Auburn program this season. Junior quarterback Sean White was dismissed from the program after a public intoxication arrest, while junior defensive lineman Byron Cowart transferred from the program.

"Any time as a head coach a player has to be dismissed, that hurts," Malzahn said. "Every situation is different. We have a lot of great kids on this team and any time that happens it’s another opportunity for someone else. That’s just how I look at it.”

The Loganville, Georgia, native finished his Auburn career with 19 catches for 458 yards and two touchdowns in a year and a half on the Plains. He had seven catches for 210 yards this season.

Davis will likely transfer to another program, but that is unclear at this time.

Share and discuss “Receiver Kyle Davis dismissed from Auburn program” on social media.