Auburn lands Thanksgiving commitment from 4-star outside linebacker

Richard Jibunor chose Auburn over Florida and Tennessee, among others

Two days before one of the biggest college football games of the season, Auburn football fans got something extra to be thankful for.

Four-star outside linebacker Richard Jibunor, a 6-foot-3 buck from Athens, Georgia, announced his commitment to the Tigers Thursday afternoon.

"It has been a long and tough journey," Jibunor said in a tweet. "But I am incredibly blessed to announce that I am committing to Auburn University. War Eagle."

Jibunor claimed that during his recruiting process, his relationship with linebackers coach Travis Williams sealed the deal, along with Auburn's win over the Georgia Bulldogs from Athens.

“I’ve always felt it a little bit, but with all the schools coming in I really wanted to relax and make sure it was really something I wanted to go for 100 percent,” Jibunor told 247 Sports. “Before the Georgia game, I was kind of feeling it. And when I went to the game I really enjoyed everything I saw there — even apart from the game. Just the environment. I like the school.”

The 2018 prospect marks Auburn's 16th commitment of the class. Jibunor, the No. 14 athlete in 247 Sports rankings, propels the Tigers to the No. 13 class in the nation.

Share and discuss “Auburn lands Thanksgiving commitment from 4-star outside linebacker” on social media.