LIVE BLOG: SEC Championship

Follow along with @tyroush and @PeterSanto29 on Twitter for live updates

After taking down its second top-ranked team in three weeks, Auburn travels to Atlanta for a rematch of the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry in the SEC Championship.

In the two teams’ previous matchup, Auburn defeated Georgia 40-17 en route to a 12-point Iron Bowl victory against Alabama.

Now ranked at No. 2 in the recent College Football Playoff rankings, Auburn will hope to have the same success against a dynamic running-back tandem for the Bulldogs. In its win, the Tigers held Nick Chubb and Sony Michel to 48 combined yards. Quarterback Jake Fromm finished with 13 completions on 28 attempts for 184 yards and a touchdown.

Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham continued his consistency at home, going 16-for-23 for 214 yards and three touchdowns through the air. He added on a rushing touchdown to finish with four in the win.

Running back Kerryon Johnson is expected to play after suffering a shoulder injury late against the Crimson Tide. Barring his absence, Kam Martin will take over starting duties.

Johnson finished the game against the Bulldogs leading both teams in rushing with 167 yards on 32 carries. He also finished with a team-high 66 reception yards on two receptions with a late touchdown to seal the blowout victory.

Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. CT on CBS. Check back for live updates and play-by-play.

Final: Auburn 7, Georgia 28

Fourth Quarter

10:16: Auburn is stopped on third down. The Tigers go three-and-out after just 18 seconds. Georgia takes the punt at its 28.

10:34: D'Andre Swift bursts for a 64-yard touchdown to give Georgia a 21-point lead over Auburn, 28-7. No team has ever come back from a deficit of more than 13 points in the SEC Championship game.

12:26: Auburn is stopped on third-and-six after an incomplete pass by Stidham. Another face mask penalty on Georgia backs the Bulldogs up to its 25.

13:06: Touchdown, Georgia. Fromm connects with Godwin from seven yards up to pad the Bulldog lead to 14 after a successful two-point conversion. Georgia 21, Auburn 7.

14:21: Fromm runs for a gain of 17 up to the Auburn 22.

15:00: Kerryon Johnson fumbles for the first time this season. Georgia takes over at the Auburn 39.

Third Quarter

1:26: Blankenship's 35-yard attempt is good. Georgia extends its lead to six over Auburn in the SEC Championship, 13-7.

3:28: Nick Chubb's 20-yard gain puts Georgia inside the Auburn 25 at the 24.

4:36: Fromm completes a 31-yard pass to Terry Godwin. Bulldogs move up beyond midfield to the Auburn 49.

4:57: Auburn is stopped on third-and-10. Georgia receives the ball at its 20-yard line.

5:32: Stidham escapes for a 12-yard gain to the Georgia 41. 

7:00: Georgia is stopped on third-and-15 with an eight-yard pass to D'Andre Swift falling short of the first down. Auburn returns the punt to its 31. Face mask penalty gifts the Tigers an additional 15 to the 46.

8:15: Daniel Carlson's 31-yard attempt is blocked. Georgia returns the block up to its 28-yard line.

11:10: Stidham escapes, gets the ball away to Ryan Davis for 29 yards. Auburn is at the Georgia 47.

11:42: Kerryon Johnson's first carry of the second half goes for four yards. Auburn has a third-and-six at its 24.

12:15: Auburn stops Georgia on third down. Fromm's four-yard pass to Terry Godwin is ruled short of the first down. The Tigers take over at their 20.

15:00: Georgia starts the second half with the ball at its 25-yard line.

Second Quarter

1:35: Stidham is sacked for a loss of 10 right beyond midfield. Georgia receives the punt at its 22-yard line after an illegal formation penalty on Auburn gives the Bulldogs an additional five yards.

5:00: Blankenship's 27-yard attempt is good. Georgia leads Auburn in the SEC Championship, 10-7.

5:45: Auburn stops Sony Michel on third-and-17 at the Tigers' 10-yard line.

7:42: Sony Michel follows up an 18-yard gain with another gain of 32 to the Auburn 14.

8:45: Stidham tosses the ball outside for an Auburn three-and-out. Georgia takes over at its 32-yard line.

9:30: Kerryon Johnson is thrown back for a loss of three for Auburn. The Tigers face a third-and-10 at their own 25-yard line. 

10:14: Touchdown, Georgia. Fromm completes a two-yard pass to Isaac Nauta to tie the SEC Championship seven apiece.

10:55: Hardman hauls in a 34-yard pass from Fromm. Georgia is knocking at the door at the Auburn 15.

11:17: Fromm completes a 13-yard pass to Hardman at the left sideline. Georgia is down at its 47-yard line.

13:04: Stidham is strip-sacked by Davin Bellamy. Georgia takes over at its 16-yard line.

14:26: Kam Martin has started the second half at running back for Auburn. Martin's five-yard gain has the Tigers at the Georgia 18.

First Quarter

1:54: Stidham completes 26-yard pass to Eli Stove. Auburn is up to the Georgia 40.

2:33: Georgia is stopped on third down. Punting unit is out for the Bulldogs.

4:58: Auburn is stopped on third-and-15. Georgia's Mecole Hardman returns the punt to the Georgia 32.

7:00: Back-to-back sacks for Auburn. Dontavius Russell sacks Fromm for a loss of six. The Tigers receive the punt at the Auburn 20-yard line after stopping the Bulldogs on third-and-13. 

8:04: Tray Matthews sacks Fromm for a loss of seven.

8:56: Jake Fromm completes Georgia's first pass for 15 yards  to Mecole Hardman. Bulldogs move to the Auburn 47.

9:21: Nick Chubb runs ahead for 13 yards on Georgia's first offensive snap. Chubb's longest rush in Georgia's loss to Auburn was for six.

9:54: Touchdown, Auburn. Stidham completes pass to Nate Craig-Myers to open the SEC Championship in scoring. Auburn leads Georgia, 7-0.

11:10: Jarrett Stidham completes a 21-yard pass to Chandler Cox. Auburn is inside the 10.

12:14: Eli Stove rushes through a gap up to the right for 11 yards. Auburn is beyond midfield to the Georgia 35.

13:25: Kerryon Johnson's first carry goes for seven yards.

13:43: Pass interference called on Georgia's Deandre Baker. The Tigers move to the Auburn 37.

15:00: Georgia wins the opening toss. Bulldogs defer to the second half, Auburn to receive the opening kick.

Share and discuss “LIVE BLOG: SEC Championship” on social media.