Tebow praises Stidham, Auburn

ATLANTA—Former Florida quarterback and current SEC Nation host Tim Tebow met with the media ahead of Saturday’s SEC Championship Game, and he was quick to praise Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham.

“Going back and watching the film, not just the TV copy of him, especially probably the last four and a half, five games — he's played really, really well," Tebow said. "If he was playing like that the entire season, he would definitely be a Heisman candidate."

Tebow said Stidham’s combination of accuracy and athleticism have helped him develop into one of college football’s best signal callers.

“He's throwing the deep ball extremely well, he's throwing the crossing routes, he's putting it on the money," Tebow said. "He's throwing on the run really well. The way he's been able to maneuver in the pocket he's avoiding sacks. He's getting big third downs with his legs.

“He's really doing everything you want a quarterback to do right now. He's going to have to do it in this game, too. Because I think [Georgia linebackers Lorenzo] Carter and [Davin] Bellamy, they're going to be putting some pressure on him." 

Tebow added that Stidham is the main difference why the Tigers have had more success this season than in years past and that Auburn is “probably playing the best of any team in the country.”

Stidham struggled early in the year after sitting out last season due to NCAA transfer rules, but has been nothing short of spectacular as of late. Stidham's 68% completion percentage leads the SEC and he ranks third in the conference with 2,682 passing yards. 

Auburn will face Georgia at 3 p.m. CST at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta.

Share and discuss “Tebow praises Stidham, Auburn” on social media.