Auburn man charged with capital murder for Wednesday night shooting

On Thursday, Auburn police arrested and charged Jeremy Maurice Dowdell, 31, of Auburn, with the murder of Marquavious Willdarious Boler, 27.

Auburn police arrested and charged Jeremy Maurice Dowdell, 31, of Auburn, with capital murder on Thursday, according to a release from the Auburn Police Division.

Police received a call reporting shots fired Wednesday night at an apartment complex in the 800 block of North Gay Street, about a mile north of downtown. When they arrived at the complex, police discovered the deceased body of Marquavious Willdarious Boler, 27, in the parking lot with gunshot wounds.

Dowdell was an acquaintance of Boler, and police said their investigation led them to identify Dowdell as a passenger in a vehicle that was seen fleeing the scene after Boler was shot. Police claim the shooting stemmed from a confrontation between the two in the parking lot.

Police arrested Dowdell at a residence in Auburn and took him into custody. He was transported to the Lee County Jail where he remains without bond.

Boler's death remains under investigation by APD and the Department of Forensic Science State Medical Examiner's Office in Montgomery. APD has asked that anyone who may have information on the case to contact detectives at 334-501-3140 or through the anonymous tip line at 334-246-1319.

Share and discuss “Auburn man charged with capital murder for Wednesday night shooting” on social media.