Mother's Day events in Auburn, Opelika happening this weekend

<p></p>

Mother's Day is coming up sooner than expected and families are looking for just the right way to celebrate their favorite mothers, aunts, wives and grandmothers. 

Businesses around Auburn and Opelika are hosting events. Here are a few of the local events planned to celebrate Mother's Day. 

S'mores Fun With Mom: May 10-11, 6-8 p.m.

A mother and son adventure hosted by the Kreher Preserve and Nature Center and the City of Auburn Parks and Recreation Center. The event includes a hike, cookout, s'mores and storytelling. 

The event will take place at 2222 N. College Street and tickets can be purchased  here.

Mimosas with Mom at The Local Market: May 12, 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. 

Free mimosas will be served for mothers, daughters, aunts and sisters at the Local Market. There will be tables of Mother's Day Specials. 

The Local Market is located inside of J&M Bookstore. 

Mother's Day Breakfast at The Elks Lodge, May 12, 7:30-10:30 a.m. 

Breakfast will include two eggs, bacon or sausage, grits or hashbrowns, toast and a beverage. The other option is four pancakes, bacon or sausage and a beverage. 

Adults can eat for $10 and ages 4-12 can eat for $5. Moms and children under 3 eat free. The event is located at Auburn-Opelika Elks Lodge #1834. 

Mother's Day Floral Class, May 12, 3-5 pm. 

Jess Margeson, owner of Frou Frou, will be teaching floral arrangements at the A*T patio. The class is $55 per person and $100 for a mother and daughter pair. 

Mother's Day Brunch at The Marriott, May 13 

The brunch will take place in the Lakeview Room at Marriott at Grand National. Adults are $36.95 and children are $14.95. Call 334-737-2187 to reserve a spot. 

Mother's Day Brunch at The Auburn Hotel, May 13, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.

The brunch will be hosted in the newly renovated ballroom at The Hotel at Auburn University. The brunch includes a complimentary glass of wine and a pin-on corsage for mom. Reservations can be made at 334-844-5140. 

View the menu, here. 

If you know of a Mother's Day celebration that isn't on the list above, email managing.editor@auburn.edu. 

Share and discuss “Mother's Day events in Auburn, Opelika happening this weekend” on social media.