Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham projected as early pick in 2019 NFL mock draft

Stidham led the SEC in completion percentage at 66.6 percent and threw for 3158 yards and 18 touchdowns as a sophomore in 2017

With the 2018 NFL Draft in the rearview mirror and the start of football season still four months away, it’s never too early to begin thinking about the 2019 draft. Four former Auburn players were selected in the later rounds of last week's draft, but there were no Tigers picked in the first round.

That could change in 2019 however, as CBS Sports is projecting quarterback Jarrett Stidham to go sixth overall to the Miami Dolphins in their early mock draft. The draft order was determined by SportsLine’s win projections for the 2018 NFL season.

The projection does make Stidham the first quarterback to come off the board, and the Stephenville, Texas, native could replace former Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who has underwhelmed since being taken eighth overall in 2012.

Stidham led the SEC in completion percentage at 66.6 percent and threw for 3,158 yards and 18 touchdowns as a sophomore in 2017. If he can take another step forward in 2018, he has as good a chance as any other quarterback to be selected early in the first round.

The 2019 draft class is projected to be loaded on the defensive line, as four of the five players ahead of Stidham are defensive linemen. Stidham isn’t the only SEC quarterback projected to go in the top 10, as the mock draft has Missouri’s Drew Lock going ninth overall to the Denver Broncos.

Share and discuss “Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham projected as early pick in 2019 NFL mock draft” on social media.