Tigers QB commit Bo Nix excels at Auburn 7-on-7 tournament

Auburn’s top-ranked 2019 offensive commit, four-star quarterback Bo Nix from Pinson, Alabama, put on a show at the Auburn 7-on-7 high school tournament.

On his first drive in his future home, Nix was 4-for-4 with a touchdown, according to SEC Country's Benjamin Wolk. Following the opening drive, Nix excelled throughout the day with impressive arm strength, velocity and poise.

The standout day comes after Nix's time at the Elite 11 camp in Redondo Beach, California. The Elite 11 brings together 24 of the nations top 2019 QB prospects for three days of on-field drills, routes-on-air, classroom instruction and off-field development. After a top 3 performance at the Elite 11 competition, Nix was invited to The Opening Finals in Dallas, Texas.

"He was just very good in all aspects of this event, and everyone there seemed confident in him," said The Athletic's Bruce Feldman of Nix at the event.

Rivals recruiting director Mike Farrel has called Nix the top QB prospect in the class of 2019, citing his accuracy, arm strength and versatility.

“He’s not only a very good pocket passer with accuracy and arm strength but he has solid size. He can extend a play and run when needed,” Farrell said.

ESPN’s Tom Luginbill compared Auburn four-star 2019 QB Bo Nix to current Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham, saying “Both are deceptively good athletes with excellent release mechanics.”

The Pinson Valley Indians, led by Nix, achieved a 15-0 record and its first class 6A State Championship last season, with Nix passing for 2,872 yards, 33 touchdowns and just four interceptions. On top of a state title, Nix was selected to the 6A first-team All-State and AL.com’s All-Birmingham Player of the year.

Nix’s father and Pinson Valley head coach Patrick Nix is a former Auburn quarterback from 1992-1995.

According to 247Sports Composite Rankings, Nix is the No. 1 dual threat Quarterback in the country. Auburn’s first commit in the 2019 class, four-star George Perkins out of Hoover, will be facing off against Nix and Pinson Valley to start off the season.

Nix will be competing with 2018 four-star recruit Joey Gatewood and incumbent Auburn backup Malik Willis for the starting spot when he arrives. 

Share and discuss “Tigers QB commit Bo Nix excels at Auburn 7-on-7 tournament” on social media.