Stidham named to Walter Camp Player of the Year award preseason watch list

<p>Jarrett Stidham #8 of the Auburn Tigers looks to pass against the Mississippi Rebels at Jordan Hare Stadium on October 7, 2017 in Auburn, Alabama.</p>

Jarrett Stidham #8 of the Auburn Tigers looks to pass against the Mississippi Rebels at Jordan Hare Stadium on October 7, 2017 in Auburn, Alabama.

After being announced as a member of both the Maxwell and Davey O’Brien award preseason watch lists, Jarrett Stidham adds another to the list. This time the preseason accolade comes in the form of the Walter Camp Player of the Year preseason award watch list.

The Walter Camp trophy is given to college football’s most outstanding player at the end of each season. Baker Mayfield took home the trophy last season along with the Heisman, which has been the trend dating back to 2013.

Stidham has earned a good bit of hype going into the 2018 season, receiving the three preseason watch list honors, along with being named to the preseason All-SEC second team. In 2017, Stidham had one of the better seasons for a quarterback in Auburn history, throwing for 3,158 yards and 18 touchdowns on the way to a trip to a New Year'S Six Bowl.

READ NEXT: Wuerffel Trophy watch list adds to Auburn DL Derrick Brown's decorated preseason

The 52nd Walter Camp Player of the Year award winner will be announced live on Thursday, Dec. 6, during The Home Depot College Football Awards. 

Share and discuss “Stidham named to Walter Camp Player of the Year award preseason watch list” on social media.