Auburn adds commitment from 4-star athlete Cam'Ron Kelly to 2019 class

<p>Kelly and Auburn assistant coach Marcus Woodson via Twitter photo.</p>

Kelly and Auburn assistant coach Marcus Woodson via Twitter photo.

Auburn football's 2019 recruiting class just keeps picking up steam.

After Gus Malzahn added 4-star athlete Zion Puckett and 3-star defensive end Colby Wooden to the class last week, 4-star athlete Cam'Ron Kelly (Chesapeake, Va.) became the 16th commitment for next year's group. Kelly took to Twitter for his announcement.

"I've been searching for a new home for the next 3-4 years for the past 2 years but in the midst of all that I've found out a lot about myself which made me in to a better person but enough about me..." Kelly wrote. "My mom is my inspiration she made me who I am. Whenever I'm down I know she'll be right there to pick me up. She made me feel tall when I felt like the shortest person in the room.

"My mom made all this possible and I wouldn't ask for anyone else to go through this recruiting process with. I love my mom and I thank her for everything! With all this being said I'm committed to the Auburn University!!! ("Once a tiger always a tiger!") #WarEagle."

According to the 247 Sports composite, Kelly is the No. 13 athlete in the nation. At Oscar Smith High School, he primarily plays defensive back and projects as a safety or nickel for Auburn. Kelly joins 4-stars Jashawn Sheffield, Jaylin Simpson and Puckett as Auburn's defensive back prospects in the 2019 class.

With Kelly's commitment, Auburn's 2019 class jumps to No. 8 and No. 9 nationally in the 247 Sports and Rivals rankings, respectively. 

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn adds commitment from 4-star athlete Cam'Ron Kelly to 2019 class ” on social media.