Ambiance Spalon unveils new location

One of Auburn’s most popular destinations for pampering and relaxation just got an upgrade.

Spa owners Manon Moates and Michele Kidwell

Ambiance Spalon unveiled their new location at a grand opening event on Tuesday. The spalon is now located on North Dean Road.

Ambiance, owned by Manon Moates and Michele Kidwell, is one of Auburn’s few hair salons with its own spa.

The duo worked together in an Auburn spa 11 years ago and decided to leave to start their own business. 

“We’re just two friends who became like sisters, and now we have our very own business,” Kidwell said.

After outgrowing their original space on East University Drive, they’ve moved their business to a bigger location with high nostalgia for both of them: the space that once housed the original spa where they met. 

“This space is a lot bigger than where we moved from, so we can add more services and have a much better facility for spa parties,” Moates said.

The business, which has 20 employees, houses a hair salon and offers additional spa services, such as massages, facials, microblading and waxing. 

The term “spalon” originated from Moates’s home of Amsterdam, where similar businesses are very popular. They decided to bring the concept to Auburn after noticing the community’s need for it.

“It’s a one stop shop,” Kidwell said. “You don’t have a hair salon with a spa this size anywhere else in Auburn.”

Gabby Dance | Assistant Campus Editor

Gabby Dance, senior in journalism with a minor in women's studies, is the assistant campus editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Ambiance Spalon unveils new location” on social media.