Auburn football holds open house for new $28 million recruiting facility

Auburn Athletic Director Allen Greene gives a tour of the new Recruiting Center on Friday, Aug. 24, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

The public got their first glance at the Tigers' new Harbert Family Recruiting Center, including the Tiger Walk Club and home team locker room. 

As fans walked through the doors Wednesday night, they were welcomed into the foyer. To the left is a large seating area with display cases for each of the Heisman trophies. The area will be primarily used as a lounge for recruits and their families. 

Through the hallway on the first floor are historical Auburn quotes and images. The artwork ranges from the Auburn Creed to Heisman trophy winner Cam Newton. 

Athletes from multiple sports are featured on the hallway wall on the way to the locker room.

The Heisman room is a special feature directly outside the locker room where coach Gus Malzahn will sit and talk with recruits individually. 

Large glass double-doors led fans into a locker room lined with shiny, silver lockers and showcased with an open-floor plan. The lockers have individual storage units above the heads and personal cup holders. The navy carpet throughout the locker room features burnt orange stripes. 

"A lot has changed in the past 20 years," athletic director Allen Greene said last Friday during media tours of the facilities. "And the ability to demonstrate that you're serious about being competitive, serious about attracting the best talent in the country and serious about making sure that your existing student-athletes have the best experience possible, Auburn is one of the best in that regard." 

On the second and third floors are where the Tiger Walk Club members will gather before every home game. Although fans cannot see directly into the stadium from the club room, they can walk straight out into the main level concourse to their seats. 

The primary appeal of the club room is the floor-to-ceiling glass windows looking out over the Tiger Walk into the stadium. Fans will see the team walking into the stadium and be able to see the fans lining the walkway all around. 

Fans gain the convenience of air conditioning and refreshments but still get to take in the gameday experience.   

Tiger fans can buy a season membership to the Tiger Walk Club for a pregame and post-game tailgating experience inside the stadium. 

The club room is an open area with large mounted televisions and a variety of seating. Even the elevators up to the club room are decorated in Auburn fashion, lined with orange and blue stripes. 

The fourth and fifth floors consist of new press boxes and offices. 

The Tiger Walk Club will debut against Alabama State, the Tigers' first home game of the season, on Sept. 8, 2018. Auburn kicks off its 2018 campaign in Atlanta against No. 6 Washington this Saturday.

Share and discuss “Auburn football holds open house for new $28 million recruiting facility ” on social media.