Auburn football sets future home-and-home series with Baylor, UCLA

<p>Denzel Mims #15 of the Baylor Bears celebrates after scoring a touchdown with teammates Tony Nicholson #13 and Zach Smith #11 against the Oklahoma Sooners during the second half at McLane Stadium on September 23, 2017 in Waco, Texas.</p>

Denzel Mims #15 of the Baylor Bears celebrates after scoring a touchdown with teammates Tony Nicholson #13 and Zach Smith #11 against the Oklahoma Sooners during the second half at McLane Stadium on September 23, 2017 in Waco, Texas.

Auburn football is going cross-country. But not for a while.

The Tigers will play a pair of home-and-home series with the Baylor Bears and UCLA Bruins, Auburn athletic director Allen Greene announced Thursday afternoon.

Auburn's series with Baylor will begin in Waco, Texas, as a possible season-opener on Aug. 30, 2025. The teams will meet on The Plains the following year on Sept. 5. The pair has met just twice, with Baylor taking the most recent meeting in 1976 to even the series at one apiece.

The Tigers will travel to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, for a date with UCLA on Sept. 4, 2027 before the series heads back to Auburn on Sept. 2, 2028. As long as the teams don't meet in a bowl game before 2027, the series will mark their first-ever gridiron matchup.

Auburn now has a Power 5 opponent scheduled every season through 2028: Washington, 2018 (Atlanta); Oregon, 2019 (Arlington, Texas); North Carolina, 2020 (Atlanta); Penn State, 2021 (State College, Pennsylvania); Penn State, 2022 (Auburn); California, 2023 (Berkeley, California); California, 2024 (Auburn); Baylor, 2025 (Waco, Texas); Baylor, 2026 (Auburn); UCLA, 2027 (Pasadena, California); and UCLA, 2028 (Auburn).

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn football sets future home-and-home series with Baylor, UCLA” on social media.