Rewinding everything Auburn coordinators Chip Lindsey, Kevin Steele said Thursday

It's official: Auburn's Week 1 matchup with the Washington Huskies is a top-10 showdown.

In Monday morning's AP Poll, the Tigers were ranked No. 9, while Washington can sniff college football's elite at No. 6. As of Tuesday, Auburn's practices are now focused solely on game preparation for the Huskies.

Aside from Gus Malzahn, no one will be more meticulous and have more sleepless nights in the coming week than coordinators Chip Lindsey and Kevin Steele, who met with the media Wednesday evening. Here's what they had to say.

Kevin Steele:

- Steele says Auburn has "some things" that are fall-camp related, but are also working on Washington prep.

- Auburn has "some knicks and bruises," but nothing major.

- Steele says with 10 days to go, Auburn is "not there yet." Still things Tigers need to tweak, a lot of "what-ifs."

- Steele likes the versatility at Buck position. Coe is a "traditional, stand-up backer in the NFL." T.D. Moultry "is still in developmental stages." Big Kat Bryant has "really been focused" and has "improved each and every practice."

- Steele says Washington "is a very good football team." Praises QB Jake Browning, RB Myles Gaskin. Calls it a "locomotive offense" that "comes downhill very fast." 

- Young secondary is "very energetic, very focused." Steele says the youngsters tackle well. "They've held their own pretty well."

- Steele says the fourth cornerback spot depends on who is at star. Switching around in the secondary is "not a big deal" for the veterans. 

Chip Lindsey

- Auburn had "a great attitude" in practice today.

- Lindsey says his experience in the Pac-12 with Arizona State showed him how well coached Washington is. 

- Washington's secondary "contests every throw" in film study.

- Lindsey says center Kaleb Kim is progressing and is receiving the quality reps he needs, showing "a lot of guts." Prince Tega Wanogho and Jack Driscoll's fundamentals have "really been cleaned up" by J.B. Grimes.

- Lindsey is not sure if center Nick Brahms will be available for Washington.

- Lindsey says Jarrett Stidham has helped the wide receivers "tremendously."

- When asked about Stidham's work with ball security in camp, Lindsey says the QB has made "a lot of progress." Says Stidham sees the mistakes and puts an emphasis on them.

- Kam Martin is a "complete back" to Chip Lindsey. 

- Nate Craig-Myers does "a lot of good things that go unnoticed." Lindsey knows there will be "uneasiness" for freshman receivers in the opener, and Auburn will "find out real quick" how mature they are.

- On former walk-on Devin Adams' scholarship: "He's a guy that will do anything you ask him to do ... he's a great kid. Really excited for him."

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Rewinding everything Auburn coordinators Chip Lindsey, Kevin Steele said Thursday” on social media.