Award-winning Acre owner David Bancroft opens Tex-Mex Restaurant

The newest fast-casual restaurant, Bow and Arrow, is bringing Texas-sized heat to The Plains

<p>&nbsp;A sign advertising the Bow &amp; Arrow restaurant stands outside its construction on Saturday, Sep. 9, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

A sign advertising the Bow & Arrow restaurant stands outside its construction on Saturday, Sep. 9, 2018, in Auburn, Ala. 

The newest fast-casual restaurant, Bow and Arrow, is bringing Texas-sized heat to The Plains.

David Bancroft is owner of Acre, the award-winning restaurant recently named to Southern Living’s top 10 restaurants of the South. 

His long-time friend and business partner Caleb Fischer is the new executive chef and pit master of Bow and Arrow. They were both raised in the hearty meats and savory flavors of Texas. Together, the “it” factor of Bow and Arrow is achieved, they said.

Located on East Samford Avenue, across from Auburn High School, the restaurant will soon be the home of Southern barbecue meeting Alabama potluck.

The menu will pay homage to both Fischer and Bancroft’s Southern roots, with a mission of incorporating fun into the menu while utilizing the whole animal.

“The menu is protein-packed, filled with rich smokehouse barbecue with all your Southern favorites,” Fischer said. 

Fischer said the atmosphere of the restaurant brings a unique feel that he and Bancroft are offering at Bow and Arrow.

“Everything about Bow and Arrow is memory drawn — the concept, design and the food all coming together,” Fischer said.

With the fast progression of Bow and Arrow also comes a sense of thankfulness to the Auburn-Opelika Community, he said.

“We love this area. The community, the food scene is unique to Auburn,” Fischer said. “Auburn supports local farmer’s markets, local artists, local chefs. … The focus on community is huge here.”

Bow and Arrow’s grand-opening is set for later this month.

Share and discuss “Award-winning Acre owner David Bancroft opens Tex-Mex Restaurant ” on social media.