Opelika singer performs at Downtown Auburn's Come Home to the Corner

<p>Dallas Dorsey playing at Toomer's Drug's during the Come Home to the Corner event on Friday, Sept. 14, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Dallas Dorsey playing at Toomer's Drug's during the Come Home to the Corner event on Friday, Sept. 14, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.

Toomers Corner was flooded with Auburn and LSU fans getting an early start on their game day celebrations at downtown Auburn’s Come Home to the Corner event Friday night.

The event featured live music from Dallas Dorsey, a southern rock artist from Opelika. The singer and his band were set up outside Toomers Drugs.

According to his wife, Anna Dorsey, Dallas has performed in downtown Auburn before and was happy to bring his music to the area again.

“He’s been performing live, both solo and with a band, around the southeast for about 12 years now,” Dorsey said.

The singer, who takes inspiration from Steve Earle, Eric Clapton and Darrell Scott, recently released a self-titled EP that was sold at the event.

The area was bustling with people, with many stores and restaurants displaying school spirited signs outside their business to bring in customers.

“I think people are pleased with the event and are pleasantly surprised by the music,” Dorsey said.

Gabby Dance | Assistant Campus Editor

Gabby Dance, senior in journalism with a minor in women's studies, is the assistant campus editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Opelika singer performs at Downtown Auburn's Come Home to the Corner” on social media.