Same-day delivery service Shipt to launch in Auburn Sept. 13

Birmingham-based delivery service Shipt is launching in Auburn Sept. 13.

Birmingham-based same-day delivery service Shipt is launching in Auburn next week.

The company will offer same-day delivery of an assortment of groceries and household essentials from two major area retailers, Target and Winn-Dixie. Shipments begin on Sept. 13.

The service provides households in the Auburn area access to products delivered in as little as one hour. The membership-based service gives its subscribers the opportunity to shop for fresh foods, household essentials and other staples.

Those who sign up before Sept. 13 qualify for a reduced-price annual membership of $49. The regular annual membership is $99.

“We are proud to be Alabama born and raised, and today we’re able to offer convenience and simplicity to our neighbors in Auburn. Across our home state, we’re now serving nearly 1 million households,” said Bill Smith, founder and chief executive officer, Shipt. “Through our app, our members have access to everything they need, when they need it, right at their fingertips.”

Founded in Birmingham in 2014, Shipt grew rapidly and expanded across major cities in the Southeast. Target acquired the company last year. 

Members can note preferences, choose a one-hour delivery window and pay for their order, all within the app. Shipt's Shoppers takes care of selecting, bagging and delivering the items. 

The annual membership includes free, unlimited delivery on orders of more than $35.

Leading up to the launch, Shipt plans to hire nearly 100 new shoppers in Auburn to be part of their team.

Share and discuss “Same-day delivery service Shipt to launch in Auburn Sept. 13” on social media.