SGA hosts On Display event in Student Center

<p>A senator speaks&nbsp;at SGA Senate in Auburn, Ala. on Monday, April 23, 2018.</p>

A senator speaks at SGA Senate in Auburn, Ala. on Monday, April 23, 2018.

The Student Government Association hosted “SGA On Display” on Wednesday, Sept. 12 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom.

Patrick Starr, SGA executive Vice President of programs, explained that the event is meant to showcase different opportunities students will have to participate in SGA activities throughout the year.

“Our main goal is to be more transparent with the student body with the different opportunities that we have,” said Starr. He added that this event functions as an outreach program for students who are curious about what SGA is planning for the year but don’t necessarily want to be involved in SGA.

This was the first “SGA On Display” held, although there have been similar events in the past, such as the Camp War Eagle browses, according to Starr.

Students were how to volunteer for Hey Day, as well as get information about Miss AU, at the event. Starr stated that each group represented at “SGA On Display” would have a table for students to learn about the opportunities to get involved.

Starr said that SGA hoped to have every college involved in the senate represented at “SGA On Display” with their senators and Schools Council representatives.

Starr said that SGA would around 13 colleges represented as well as 30 groups within the SGA cabinet, including groups focusing on Hey Day activities, shaker distribution, class ring information, Miss AU and Aubie committee.

For more information about getting involved with SGA, visit the SGA's AUInvolve page.

Share and discuss “SGA hosts On Display event in Student Center” on social media.