Community wraps up Homecoming Weekend with Brunch and Browse

<p>Downtown Auburn, Ala, at the corner of Magnolia and North College streets.&nbsp;</p>

Downtown Auburn, Ala, at the corner of Magnolia and North College streets. 

Local restaurants and retailers came together Sunday to celebrate the end of the University’s homecoming weekend and victory over Southern Mississippi.   

The Auburn Downtown Merchants Association hosted Brunch and Browse Sunday, and nearly 20 local businesses participated this year. The third annual Brunch and Browse offered extended-hours and specials to locals and visitors alike.

Jessica Kohn, downtown coordinator for the association, said she was grateful to work in conjunction with the University.  

“We love partnering with (Auburn) and value the relationship that our association has with them,” Kohn said. 

Brunch and Browse was included in the Fall Family Weekend calendar. Students and their families were able to experience everything downtown has to offer. 

Kohn said the event not only lets current students and their families visit local eateries and retailers, but it also encourages alumni and guests to support the community. 

“Brunch and Browse allows those fans who have traveled ‘home’ for the game to enjoy a little local shopping and dining before leaving town,” she said.  

For many businesses, this is not their first year participating in the event. 

The Hound, a family-owned restaurant located on Tichenor Avenue, has participated in Brunch and Browse for two years.  

Kaisha Walters, The Hound’s general manager, said she thinks events like Brunch and Browse help encourage people to support small business. 

“I think this event is special whether you're a resident here, an alumni, or you're just coming in town to enjoy Auburn football,” Walters said. “The downtown area is a really great place to come and hang out and spend your money and eat great food.” 

This year, The Hound featured a variety of drink and food specials, including a pulled pork benedict that is not regularly on the menu, Walters said. 

Events like Brunch and Browse also help to showcase all that the city has to offer, Walters said.  

“Auburn is more than football,” she said. “We have this amazing, thriving downtown and there are great local businesses to show that off.”

Share and discuss “Community wraps up Homecoming Weekend with Brunch and Browse ” on social media.