Auburn Downtown Merchants Association to host Downtown Dribble

Auburn Downtown Merchants Association will host Downtown Dribble on Oct. 11 in an effort to promote local businesses.

<p>Toomer's Drug's during the Come Home to the Corner event on Friday, Sept. 14, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Toomer's Drug's during the Come Home to the Corner event on Friday, Sept. 14, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.

Jessica Kohn, downtown coordinator for the association, said the event will give people the opportunity to experience much of what downtown has to offer. 

“The Downtown Dribble will feature exclusive merchant specials and waived cover charges at local bars with the purchase of a wristband,” Kohn said. “This event is really geared more toward students.”  

The association believes it's important to offer incentives to students and community members so that they will support local businesses. 

“Over 20 merchants are participating in this special event,” Kohn said. “There will also be giant yard games and outdoor dining areas on College and Magnolia.” 

This is an Entertainment District event. Patrons who purchase tickets ahead of time will receive special perks, she said. 

“The first 200 (people) to purchase a wristband will receive a downtown discount card,” Kohn said. 

Participants will also have the opportunity to win a unique piece of sports memorabilia.   

“Everyone who purchases a wristband will be entered to win an Auburn basketball signed by Coach Pearl,” Kohn said.   

Guests can purchase wristbands from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at a tent located near Toomer’s.     

The association worked in conjunction with Tipoff at Toomers: a kick-off event for the university’s basketball season.

Share and discuss “Auburn Downtown Merchants Association to host Downtown Dribble” on social media.