Which Wich finds another home in Auburn on West Magnolia

The target opening date is set for Oct. 22

Auburn students and football fans will soon be treated to a Which Wich locale set to launch on West Magnolia Avenue.  

Franchisees Jeff Glasscock and Robin Rudder, who also run another location in the Tiger Town Outdoor Shopping Center in Opelika, were yearning to bring the franchise closer to campus.

Though the Opelika site has experienced success since its launch in fall 2017, especially in catering, the co-owners are hoping the closer proximity to the stadium will prove fruitful during home games.

“We’re very excited about being a main sight,” Glasscock said. "We’re thinking fans will pass by our location for home games. I think that location is very ideal for football traffic."

Glasscock and Rudder, who are siblings, devised the plan to usher in the initial restaurant after a desire to introduce an original food business into the region.

“We had just always thought about doing something together in the community,” Rudder said. “We wanted to bring something to the Auburn-Opelika area that was different, a concept that Auburn hadn’t yet seen.”

After considering a number of chains, they settled on Which Wich after following advice from a friend. They traveled to Dallas, Texas, to meet founder Jeff Sinelli. The decision came about after Glasscock decided to return to food service after a seven-year leave of absence in pursuit of healthcare. Glasscock's career previously included 10 years managing fast casual and fine dining restaurants, and it was Rudder’s first hand at the line of work.

The Which Wich in Auburn is currently accepting new employees in anticipation of the grand opening, both part time and full time. 

Operating hours are set for 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. all days of the week, but Glasscock said there is potential for the restaurant to remain open longer on home football game nights.

“We have a policy that we don’t close with any customers in our store,” Glasscock said. “We never want to turn away anybody that wants to come in and eat and try us out.”

Interior renovations are being completed, and the target opening date is set for Oct. 22. It will be located at the Legends of Magnolia condominium at the site of the former Chill Yogurt Cafe.

Share and discuss “Which Wich finds another home in Auburn on West Magnolia” on social media.