Turkey in town: Where to grab a Thanksgiving meal on The Plains

If you don’t feel like cooking for Thanksgiving, or you’re stuck in the dorms all week, there's still a chance to get a full belly on Thursday. Several businesses in town are opening its doors on Thanksgiving.

Ariccia Trattoria in the Hotel at Auburn University will be having a brunch buffet, including acorn squash bisque, cornbread stuffing, lobster mac and cheese, braised beef with vegetables and green bean casserole. 

Also available at the carving block will be turkey and smoked prime rib. Desserts will include pies, cheesecake and more. It costs $45 for adults, $19 for children and free for children under 5 years old. Ariccia Trattoria will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day; reservations are required.

Ariccia Trattoria will also have a Thanksgiving dinner from 5:30 p.m. to 10, with the same selections above, but it will be $10 less for adults and the same prices for children.

The Marriott at Grand National will be having a “traditional” Thanksgiving lunch with several seating times: 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – with required reservations. They will have a salad bar, soup station, carving station, action station, hot selection and desserts. It's $38 for adults, $19 for children and free for children 5 and younger, according to their website. Some of the selections are wild mushroom cornbread dressing, herb roasted turkey and NOLA bread pudding with amaretto glaze.

Fat Daddy’s will open its bar on Thanksgiving at 9 p.m., according to Tom Peavy, a bartender at Fat Daddy's.

Share and discuss “Turkey in town: Where to grab a Thanksgiving meal on The Plains” on social media.