Loose bricks on Evolve apartment building lead to sidewalk closure

The city has closed the sidewalk on the south side of West Glenn Avenue in front of West & Wright apartments, which was recently renamed from Evolve, because of a safety issued caused by loose bricks on the building's exterior

<p>The Evolve apartment complex in Auburn, Ala. on Sunday, April 8, 2018.</p>

The Evolve apartment complex in Auburn, Ala. on Sunday, April 8, 2018.

The city has closed the sidewalk on the south side of West Glenn Avenue in front of West & Wright apartments, which was recently renamed from Evolve, because of a safety issued caused by loose bricks on the building's north-facing exterior.

The sidewalk will remain closed until further notice for safety, the City of Auburn said Tuesday.

The City of Auburn was made aware of the issues with the loose bricks on Tuesday, Dec. 4. City staff from Engineering and Inspection services are working with West & Wright managers and structural engineers to evaluate and resolve the issue.

A pedestrian protection over the sidewalk is planned, but until then the sidewalk will remain closed. Frutta Bowl has temporarily closed. Wings Etc. customers are asked to use the left entrance through the covered patio and those visiting Purvelo are asked to use the parking garage entrance.

Pedestrians are advised to exercise caution and avoid the sidewalk until it is covered. Further updates will be released as available.

Share and discuss “Loose bricks on Evolve apartment building lead to sidewalk closure” on social media.