Events in Auburn to help locals ring in 2019

<p>Avondale's Nolan Jones pours a drink during his turn of the competition. Bartender of the Year Competition on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at the Auburn University Hotel and Conference Center in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Avondale's Nolan Jones pours a drink during his turn of the competition. Bartender of the Year Competition on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at the Auburn University Hotel and Conference Center in Auburn, Ala.

There are several events in Auburn for residents to ring in the new year with.

The Collegiate Hotel will host a New Year's Eve casino night. 

Guests can play blackjack, roulette and craps. Guests can then cash in their chips for raffle tickets and a chance to win gift cards, vacation stays, original art and other prizes.

There are two ways to play. Non-guests of the hotel can buy in at $50 a person. This includes all casino games to win raffle tickets. Games are included for two guests staying at the hotel over the holiday as well as 10 extra tickets for raffle prizes, according to the hotel. 

Both options include a midnight champagne toast. The event will also feature music and drinks available at bars in the lobby and on the rooftop.

Both Ariccia Trattoria and Piccolo at The Hotel at Auburn University will offer New Year's Eve events.

Ariccia Trattoria will offer its a la carte dinner menu or a special New Year's Eve menu. Guests will receive a complementary glass of champagne with dinner. 

There will also be live jazz performances to ring in the new year with. Reservations are required, according to the Opelika Auburn Tourism Bureau. 

The Piccolo will offer live music, small bites and signature cocktails. At midnight, guests will receive complementary cake pops and champagne. 

Music begins at 9 p.m. There is no cover charge, and seating is first come, first serve, according to the Opelika Auburn Tourism Bureau.

Elizabeth Hurley | Community Editor

Elizabeth, senior in journalism and political science, is the community editor for The Plainsman

@lizhurley37

community@theplainsman.com

Share and discuss “Events in Auburn to help locals ring in 2019” on social media.